Got an article/poem/creative writing/review/photo/art/or whatever in mind that you think would be great for W’SUP?
Submit a pitch for something!
W’SUP accepts pitches for content. If we think the pitch has potential we will get back to you and develop the idea with you.
Upcoming submission deadlines:
Sunday April 23, pitch deadline for the May edition (the Stress Less edition).
Sunday April 30, finished content deadline for the May edition (the Stress Less edition).
Guidelines for submissions to W’SUP:
- You must be a student or staff member of Western Sydney University.
- Your article should be relevant to Western Students.
- Please clearly indicate the tone of your piece, eg: journalistic, op-ed, short story, review, satire/comedy, etc.
- What sources will you be referring to / who will you be interviewing? (not relevant for everything).
- Include an approximate word length.
- Pitches shouldn’t be more than 200 words (plus a 50 word sample).
- Word limits for poetry: 250 words, equity articles: 250 words, ‘100 Word Wonderings’: 110 words.
- All content is required to abide by the MEAA Journalist Code of Ethics.
How to make a submission:
We are switching over our submission process to Submittable, a software company for submission workflow management. Click the button below to go through the process. You will be required to go through a one-time account set up. Trust us, it’s going to be great!
W’SUP: Bringing You The Voices Of Western Sydney